I am happy and proud to report to you today that Kate at Calamity Kate’s Kitchen has awarded me this the Stylish Blogger Award.
I first became aware of the Stylish Blogger Award last spring when one of the cooking blogs I was visiting had been awarded one. I had only been blogging about a month. And I thought to myself, “Gee. Some day I hope to be good enough that one of my peers thinks I am good enough for this.” So I vowed to work real hard and learn as much as I could about blogging.
But then I got busy with actually blogging and I forgot about it.
So I was totally and completely surprised when Kate informed me last week she had awarded me. She knocked my socks off!!!!
Kate, you made my day. You made my year!!!!
Since then I have done some research trying to find out who started this chain of awards. I cannot find anything. I found a lot of blogs who have received the award. But nothing about who started it.
But that is not surprising. This award is so emblematic of the blogging world. Everyone is so kind, supportive, and everyone helps each other. And that is what this award is all about – support and helping one another.
This award also is the perfect opportunity to say “Thank You,” to you all.
Stylish Bloggers Award Winners Must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these blogger and tell them about the award!
Thank you Kate at CalamityKate’sKitchen for your thoughtfulness, kindness, and friendship. You have taught me so much. I urge my readers to visit Kate’s blog by clicking the link above. You will not be disappointed. Plus she is just so nice!!!
It was very hard for me to whittle my picks for the Stylish Blogger Award down to just fifteen. I had to eliminate so many I really, really wanted to include. There are so many wonderful blogs and cooking blogs. There are so many wonderful and great home and professional cooks. I wish I could award you all!! You are all so deserving.
I was not told I had to choose just cooking blogs, so you will notice I have a few non-cooking blogs I think are very stylish too.
Bloggers as a rule are super helpful, kind, and very generous people. They all have all helped me in one way or another whether they know it or not.
But I had to choose only 15 and so after many changes I finally decided on these fifteen.
I urge you to visit these blogs too. You will not be disappointed.
Every one was notified of the award.
Seven Things About Me
1. I have a God-given gift for being able to teach young children and struggling readers how to read.
2. My favorite novel is War and Peace. I have read it three times and I want to read it once more before my time on this earth is up. Each time I read it I see new and different things in it.
3. I went to an all girl school for 12 years. College was my first coed school. All of the schools provided me with a first rate education for which I am very grateful and thankful.
4. My favorite foods are King Crab Legs; followed by lobster tails, shrimp, and steak. I have not fixed any recipe using any of these ingredients on my blog.
5. I am sentimental and cry when seeing certain commercials, TV shows or movies, and I unashamedly tear up every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner.
6. I have a very limited signing range. I can only sing in three keys. Off. Off-ful. And God off-ful. Take your pick.
7. My high school swimming coach once told me I could be an Olympic swimmer. But I do not have that kind of drive so today I am a cooking blogger. I know I made the right decision.
Again to all of all of my blogging mentors and friends ~
No Recipe today. I’m Out Celebrating.
Quote of the Day
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.