As some of you may remember back in January I was nominated for a Stylish Blogger Award. Click the link if you want to read that post again – Stylish Blogger Award.
This last week I was nominated again. Not once. But twice.
Once by Barb Hopkins (@iamwritermom), and once by Felisha Wild (@ChefFelisha.)
You may remember Barb. She was a Guest Blogger here at MTTD and shared her marvelous Ice Cream Deluxe Cake recipe with us. Click the link to get the recipe again. Thank you Barb for making my cup runneth over. Barb has a blog, but has temporarily suspended it, so I cannot link to it.
You may also remember Chef Felisha. I nominated her for a Stylish Blogger Award last January. You can visit her blog , OurDailySalt , by clicking the link. Thank you Felisha for making my cup runneth over, too.
I am both thankful and grateful for the honor and recognition and for the opportunity to pass it on.
At first I thought about not participating this time round. But upon further reflection I decided that would be like a slap in the fact to the two wonderful friends who so honored me. It would also be very selfish of me.
But more importantly I decided to participate in order to be able to spotlight some new bloggers who have really great and stylish blogs. It is a pleasure for me to introduce them to MTTD readers.
These are the rules for accepting a Stylish Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. – done
2. Share 7 things about yourself. – done with new items
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers. – done
4. Contact these blogger and tell them about the award! – done
Seven New Things About Me.
1. My favorite color is blue; I decorate my home in neutrals with bright splashes of color in turquoises, greens, and chartreuses.
2. I love 1950’s, 1960’s, and even 1970’s music. Oldies Rock!!!!
3. I love movies but seldom go any more because ticket prices are so expensive.
4. I love to go on long drives and just sightsee, especially in spring and fall. I often head out in a direction with no specific place in mind. Price of gasoline will soon end that enjoyable pastime for me. That is two (movies in #3) of the simple pleasures the recession has taken away from me.
5. My favorite forms of exercise are walking, gardening, and swimming. I do not participate in any formal exercise program.
6. I eat pretty much whatever I want; I just eat less of it and add in a few fruits and vegetables.
7. My favorite TV show is Burn Notice.
15 New Bloggers
I am happy to present you these Stylish Bloggers
This is a nice family oriented blog with easy to make recipes.
Another down-to-earth cooking blog with easy to make recipes.
Here you will find back to basics food that is simple and easy to make.
A lot of good recipes, ideas, and tips for cooking for two.
Excellent recipes from a pro.
A friendly place for fun, food, friendship and sharing it all. And that is what food should be about!
Just a fun place to hang out with a fun and very nice person to hang with. You will find all sorts of neat treasures in her vintage store.
Another great family style cooking blog with easy to follow but delicious recipes.
I like this blog because Amy is a lovely person and her random thoughts remind me of the spiritual and to see beauty every where.
I like this blog for it literate interviews and reviews of great literature. And I just like Sammy. Who could not like someone who is on a journey to find a cure for epilepsy?
Making something home made for some one you love is why I like this blog.
I love Sam’s sense of humor. Plus his blog has recipes like this one: Strawberry Mango Meringue Pie. Look at the picture of this pie. I want to jump through my computer screen to taste it!
The name says it all. Here you will find fun family activities that do not cost an arm and a leg. You can find a wealth of activities and ideas here.
Another good site for easy, delicious, and family friendly recipes.
I am going to name the person who started this all with me because this blog keeps getting better and better. Check out her recipes for Blood Orange Sorbet and Pina Colada Sorbet. Oh my……..!!
Again, thanks to Barb and Felisha for nominating me for this award, but mostly for giving me another opportunity to showcase more great blogs for everyone to see.
Featured Recipe Homemade Peanut Butter
I have a video recipe for you today. And making this recipe is easy as A-B-C.
This is a great activity to do with your children. They will get a kick out of making and then eating peanut butter they just made.
I was going to make some myself and report on it here. But it would have cost me $6.00 for the peanuts. That’s more expensive than buying jarred Peanut Butter.
I did not have time to day to do any comparison shopping and try to find less expensive peanuts. But I am going to see what I can find next week and report back to you.
However, I think it would be worth the expense to have your children see just how easy this recipe is.
The video tells you everything you need and what to do. The video is less than 1 minute long.
Quote of the Day
People won’t care about how much you know until they know how much you care!